Pre-event Athlete Information
Registration will be on the main concourse from 4:30pm - 6pm on Friday 16th January. All athletes are required to register; if for any reason you think this will not be possible for you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the main entrance where the box office is. You can access this via Victoria Station (location info here).
THINGS TO BRING TO REGISTRATION:
Signed athlete waiver - download here
ID (passport, national ID document, driver's licence)
Print out of your competitor ticket confirmation
Cash for sports massage tokens (£10 for 10 mins - optional obviously!). There are 2 cash points on the concourse, near blocks 104 and 117.
We will be releasing one WOD per day in the run-up to the games, starting on Wednesday 7th January at 7pm GMT. We will not be releasing the WODs to athletes ahead of their public release so please don't ask! They will be released via the Facebook page so make sure you've "liked" the page to be notified when they are released.
- 4:30pm - 6pm: Athlete registration on concourse at Manchester Arena: COMPULSORY! (see note above).
- 4:30pm - 6:30pm: "Plus One" bar will be open for athletes to convene in between registration and briefing. Tyler & Hall bakery will be selling Paleo savoury muffins & chocolate brownies - cash only (see cash points below). MyProtein may also be there with samples
- 6:30pm - 8pm: Athlete Briefing in arena: COMPULSORY! If you miss the briefing, it is your responsibility to find out from another athlete everything that was covered. Coaches may attend the Athlete briefing if they choose.
- 8pm - 8:30pm: "Plus One" bar open.
- 7:30am - 8am: Athletes enter building at back entrance (use postcode M3 1PQ)
- 8:30am: First heat begins. The event timetable will be released on Friday evening so you will know then when your first heat is
- 5:30pm: Last heat of the day finishes
- 6pm - 7pm: Athlete Briefing
- 7pm: Athlete home time
- 7:30am - 8am: Athletes enter building at back entrance (same as Saturday)
- 8:30am: First heat begins
- 4:45pm: Finals end
- 5pm-5:30pm: Prize ceremony
- 5:30pm: Home time
Coaches should purchase a Spectator ticket to gain entry to the venue. You will get a Coach wristband at athlete registration that you can give them so that they can access backstage athlete areas.
We have put together a map and guide of backstage areas to help athletes. Copies will be available at the event but we recommend printing your own and bringing with you if you want to keep your own copy.
View/download the Backstage Athlete Guide
Sports massage & physiotherapy
We will have a team of sports masseurs & physiotherapists backstage. The cost will be £10 for 10 minutes. Please purchase massage vouchers at Athlete Registration on Friday. Alternatively they will be available to buy in the Athlete/Staff catering room (see backstage map). You can also see where the massage rooms are on the same map. Cash only (there are cash machines in the venue). Rocktape will also be there providing free taping for athletes.
Food & drinks
Food stalls managed by the venue
There are several hot food stalls on the main concourse, and in addition there is one food stall managed by the venue downstairs in the athlete area. They will be selling gluten free hot food options such as:
Breakfast: vegetable frittata, bacon bap (on gluten free bap)
Lunch: Chilli & rice, green thai curry, chicken kebabs, tuna/chicken salad
Selection of fresh fruits, yogurts
Water, coconut water, Vitamin water
In addition to the hot food options above, local gluten-free bakery Tyler & Hall will have a stand in the Athlete /Staff catering area selling treats such as paleo muffins, chocolate brownies and bullet proof coffee. Please note this will be cash only.
Things to bring
As a guide, we recommend bringing with you the following items. Please note that this list is not exhaustive, neither does this list mean that all items will be used in the WODs.
- OLY shoes
- WOD shoes
- Skipping rope
- Gymnastics gloves/wraps
- Belt if you use one
- Cash for sports massage (£10 for 10 mins), and for backstage drinks & snacks
There are 2 cash points on the concourse, near blocks 104 and 117.